Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Listen the mp10 on 1/2" glass is a grey area.. I called Vortec and spoke to one of the reps and they said they used a mp10 on 1/2" acrylic at MACNA and it didn't have problems.

They said it will work and that i should just use the supplied straps so if it does fall it wont get damaged.

my tank is 1/2" glass and im in the same boat.

yes the mp20 would probably be the best bet. I will be borrowing a mp10 this week from a friend and i will let you know how it goes.

I know jrobbins is using it on a thick glass and he said from time to time it will fall off maybe he can chime in as well.

Last edited:

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I know jrobbins is using it on a thick glass and he said from time to time it will fall off maybe he can chime in as well.

yup. i used it on 1/2 inch glass and it didnt hold very well. biggest problem was when i would turn it off and then restart it. the torque or something would just twist it off. once it was running it was generally fine.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
running the mp10 on my 1/2" glass tank for over 10 hours without a problem. too soon to tell but i figured i would post an update.

im running the zip ties just to make sure. The grip doesn't seem that great but it works just like jrobbins stated. i tested turning it on and off at around 50% and didnt have any problems with it falling off. since i have a shallow tank i wont be running it 100% and that may play a roll why it hasnt fell off on restart. 100% may be a different story. i would try it but it would create a giant sand storm

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
The magnets actually hold the mp in place, using the zip ties to hold the cord right above it so it will hang rather than drop if the magnets give way. can also set the pump to shut off if it disconnects.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: