TNT280

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I need help guys please.

I just checked my levels, my fish are turning white and losing color and some are dieing.

Hi Range PH is 8.2
Amonia is between .50 -1.0
other levels were perfect.

How do I lower the Amonia and Hi Range PH?

Im freaking out...dont want all my fish to die.

Thanks
Tony

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
the ph is fine but the ammonia present is definitely not a good thing. i would do a water change and monitor your levels...

tell us more about your system...Gallons...etc..

Last edited:

TNT280

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
It's a 28 gallon JBJ nano, Quad lighting and LED strips, been running for about 6 weeks.
Everything was initially in my 24 gallon and I transfered everything to the new 28g. I also put all new sand.

Theres lots of little particles in the water its not as clear as it was in my 24g.

Just did water change for 10g this past weekend.
I feed mysis shrimp one cube every other day or 2 days.
All my SPS looks great and growing really well, its just the fish look sick.

Thanks guys I really appreciate your help

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Do you have any water available for a water change now? If so, how many gallons?

If not, do you have an Ammo-Lock or 'Prime' at home?

Can you possibly post a pic of the fish and the tank?

What kind of fish are in there?

Did you add the sand when you did the change over?

TNT280

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
No, Im gona get 10 to 15 gallons tomorrow

Hippo Tang just died today looked real skinny and white, I have an Angel fish that losing all its color, two percula clowns looking skinny, and one ocelaris clown seems fine.

Yes I added 20lbs of new sand when i did the change over. I will try to post some picks now

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Sorry for your loss :(

If you still have the fish that died, can you get a pic of it too?

Is there a skimmer on the tank & do you have good surface agitation?

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
28gallon with a hippotang/angel/ & 3 clownfish seems like a bad idea to begin with, But i would suggest doing a large water change on the tank as soon as possible and monitor your levels in the upcoming days.

Not sure if you got the ammonia reading before or after the hippo but you dont want any ammonia readings..

Raul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Ammonia in the tank is never good. Your tank might be going thru a cycle Was the sand used in another tank? Is it live? How deep is it? What are you running in the middle chamber? Is there enough flow? Is there a dead fish in the tank that you might have missed? Heater working? Get more than 15 gallons and do 5 gallon water changes every other day till your ammonia is 0. Hopefully some fish will make it. Once everything is running smooth for at least a month then you can start adding livestock again.

Raul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
28gallon with a hippotang/angel/ & 3 clownfish seems like a bad idea to begin with, But i would suggest doing a large water change on the tank as soon as possible and monitor your levels in the upcoming days.

Not sure if you got the ammonia reading before or after the hippo but you dont want any ammonia readings..

+1 didnt want to flame you for the hippo but thats just not a good idea. Even if its tiny it shouldnt be in there.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: