Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've got this green algae growing like crazy. Can anybody ID it ? what fish can i get to eat it ? I have naso, hippo and yellow tangs an they aren't eating it....

Attachments

• IMAG0322.jpg
    IMAG0322.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 135
  • IMAG0323.jpg
    IMAG0323.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 127

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
naso tangs eat green hair algae like crazy. i used to have one before it sadly died from ich but i put it in and from day one to the day it died it ate hair algae all day.
Sounds like a rebound/spike of PO4 after stopping the bio pellets. My CUC took care of all my GHA when I started up my tank. Not sure what fish will eat GHA though

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Do alot of water changes, slow down on feeding, add a phosban reactor and maybe borrow a sea hare for a month. That should get rid of it for you. I had a bunch of that crap and tried a whole lot of things to get rid of it. I raise my Mag to like 1600, thinking it was briopsis. I also tried dosing H2O2( for like a week) but that just led to a bacterial bloom. The 4 things I mentioned in the first sentence, is what did it for me.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: