BX1157

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey guys, I just set up my first saltwater aquarium. At first I removed the rim from a standard 10 gallon to have a rimless tank :headache: . . .waste of $14 lol. It just didn't feel safe so I opted to buy a rimless tank and I found the Mr.Aqua 33.6 gallon for a good price. Right now all I have in the tank is 25lbs of Key Largo rock from Marcorock.com. . .the smaller pieces you see up front are LR I got from the LFS to seed the rocks from marcorocks. I have the AquaC Remora on the back with the pre-skimmer attachment. Also a standard hydor heater and a Koralia 425gph, both of which I got from the LFS and they have a Deep Blue 24" Solarmax T5 on order for me. They also recommended that I use the Instant Ocean Reef Crystals instead of the regular Instant Ocean salt mix. So as of now I guess i'm just waiting for this tank to cycle right?. . .I bought the API test kit, but when should I test??. . .are there any visual signs that will tell me that the cycle is complete? When do I purchase a CUC? lol sorry for all the questions guys. . .what do you guys think about my aquascape?. . .should I change anything?, also if you look at the front picture of the tank you can barely see the heater hidden behind the rock on the left. . .the thing is its really visible from the side. . .any recommendations on what I can do to make this thing less of an eye soar or any suggestions for a new position in the tank? . . . . .thanks in advance guys. . .

r879xf.jpg

15hkjzo.jpg

vzdjc3.jpg

aczmv8.jpg

zyel2s.jpg

idr7dz.jpg

WATER!!!!!

264hoxv.jpg

33z77e9.jpg

245wntg.jpg

ogh2xz.jpg

29fc77l.jpg

BX1157

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey guys. . .its been 2 months and I finally have some livestock. . .2 clownfish, 10 nassarius snails, 5 turbo snails, and 5 hermit crabs. . .I also tinted the back of the aquarium. . .water parameters are good ph 8.3, temp 80-80.7, ammonia 0ppm, nitrite 0ppm, nitrates 0ppm. . .

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: