Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I am new to forums. I have a 46 gal reef tank. It has been set up for almost a year now. I have a marineland magnum350 filter, remora skimmer, 2 t5 aquatic life lights, do bi weekly 20% water changes. I bought the xenia as 2 small frags about 4 months ago. They were growing like wildfire. All of a sudden i notices them starting to look droopy. Within a few days they started dying off and floating in the tank. I have not used anything diffferent. I added a few new corals. I have had my lfs test my water and all my levels are good. I need help. Thanks

guarda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Welcome :)

I noticed my Xenia multiply the week my skimmer was out of whack and pulled nothing from my tank. Also, I used to get incredible growth and have to give away Xenia weekly. That stopped the day I added euphyllia and/or a chalice to my tank.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Ran into the same problem this past week....xenia was fine then one morning it didnt open. Tested all parameters and found nothing out of order.

The only thing that changed over those two days was the temp went up from a steady 78 to 79-80....... and the addition of 2 blue fin damsels. I'm wondering if either one of those things had something to do with it. Been about a week and its still all closed up.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: