stunner620

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do 2 hour drip method, I would like to add a chemical but not sure which one .... Is seachem paraguard any good?

I don't have luck with clown fish maybe this will help

The ingredients are : Seachem ParaGuard employs a proprietary, synergistic blend of aldehydes, malachite green, and fish protective polymers that effectively and efficiently eradicates many ectoparasites (e.g. ich, etc.) and external fungal/bacterial/viral lesions (e.g., fin rot).

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Why would you add anything while acclimating? I think a 2 hour drip method for a fish is way overkill. Its gonna stress the fish big time! I would just float the bag and add a lil water every 5 mins or so and do it for about 45 mins. If your worried about disease and such, you should QT the fish and then add the proper meds!

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
My advise would be to lower the acclimation period as well. This all depends on how long the fish has been in the bag [temperature], & the salinity VS. mine... there are more factors involved like PH and ALK but i have had a lot of success with the following..

I always float for temp adjustment but the acclimation time varies for me on each individual situation...

if the salinity is significantly lower i will acclimate longest to raise the salinity slower.
if the salinity is higher i will still acclimate but not more than 20 minutes..
and if the salinity is the same i just float and drip for around 15 minutes..

QTing fish is important and i suggest doing so, if you dont have space for a QT then there are options for purchasing already QTed fish through vendors on here.

adding chems to the acclimation isn't a good idea if you dont have experience..

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: