Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
So about a month ago I bought a small hyppo tang hoping that this time it will survive (since I'm not lucky with this fishes at all). Everything was going great until 1 1/2 weeks ago when I starred noticing a couple of white dots on the fish, it looked like ich so i ordered "rid-ich" i think that's the name but when it finally arrived I found out it was not inverebrate safe.. So since I have some frogspawn and hammer corals and two types of anemonies I didn't want to risk it. Now it's spreading to other fishes in my tank and I don't know what else to do. I don't have a quarantine tank because I don't have anywhere to put it.", also it will be so hard to take my fishes out that tank since I have so many live rock in it. Currently in adding vitamin c and feeding then brine and mysis shrimp soaked in garlic extract.. But it doesn't seem to work. What should I do!?
I need help!!

Any advice will be really appreciated

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
right now there is nothing more that you can do... if you did not quarantine the hippo prior too... don't know if that would have done any use cause the hippo tangs are quite prone to catching ich. Turn up the heat to 82-83* and hope that you can speed up the life cycle of the bacteria.

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Oh god!

But isn't it going to be still in the tank?
Is there any reef/invertebrate safe medication a can treat them with ?
Should I buy a 10-15 gallon and make it a quarantine and throw my bigger fishes in there since I know I won't be able to catch the really small ones?

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
If it was so easy to cure there wouldn't be millions of articles about it. Read the articles on MR or elsewhere and try a method that you think you are capable of following. Then hope for the best.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: