Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
So I am home for a few days in Ohio and have helped my sister put together my old 12 gallon aquarium as her first aquarium. Since I live in NY I don't know anything about aquarium stores in Columbus. Anyways, we went to aquarium adventure to get her some stuff (sand, heater, hydrometer, etc...) They also have locations in Illinois.

My first impression was "wow this is a huge, wonderful store!." After walking around for a while, I started to notice the prices. $100 for a $40 DI unit, $39 for $24 sand, $15 for a hydrometer... The staff was awful, there were a few high school kids who knew nothing, and the people who did know stuff either weren't answering my questions or giving me half-assed answers. By the time I got to the livestock, I knew that they were going to be overpriced. However, $14.99 per pound of live rock which was brown and sitting in some disgusting water was just ridiculous. Manhattan Aquariums rock is less than that and some of the most beautiful rock around, and they pay NYC pricing for their property!!

Overall grade for this store would be a D-. The only reason they don't get an F is because they have pretty much any dry good that you could possibly want.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
That's interesting. I just directed my sister to get all her dry goods from saltwater critters. They're by far my favorite vendor/aquarium store.

The store in Ohio is located on 161 in westerville. Go there, but don't buy anything it is a RIP off and their livestock looks like poopy.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i know the area well. there is also a pet store out on the west side on washington street. just on the other west of the loop. cant remember the name though. also how long are u in Ohio for ?

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
hey noob. i actually leave here tomorrow morning. where in columbus are you from? i have lived in bexley for most of my life, but early on i lived in clintonville. i still have a close connection with clintonville though because that is where my dads store is.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i lived on the west side up on the hilltop, went to west and east high, and then to o.s.u still have family in cincy and in grove city and scattered around there. also from indiana, grew up there then moved back to ohio my senior year

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
oh i see. well anyways, do you know of any good stores where i could send my sister to get some fish once her tank has cycled? i was hoping to find a local dealer who would give her the attention that we all get when we go to manhattan aquariums, saltwater critters, etc...

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
other greenwich store isnt much better on pricing.

silly the only store i knew of was on the west side on west broad street, out by the belt just west of it, and actually asm is or was located in southern ohio. lol or premium aquatics is only 3 hours away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: