ramz28

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Ok i had my 125g with 55g sump running for months. I decided i had to move the tank from the location it was in. so imoved all the fish to a safe tank for the moment. I drained and saved about 70g of tank water with all the sand and rock. i moved the tank and put all the sand and rock back in with the water. Heres the real problem, i decided to stop using my 2 3/4" pvc overflows and built a weir from melevsreef. It has 1 1" drain to the sump. My return is 1" and Teed to my fuge. Each line on the return has a ball valve, there almost in the off position so it does overflow my DT. The return pump is a mag9.5. What would every1 recomend for a drain on my tank? another weir? I do have a second weir built as i didnt like the first 1 so i redid but its works fine. Also in the back of the weir chamber i have a 90 elbow it makes it much quieter but slows the flow quite a bit. Any help would be apreciated. sorry for the long post but im tryin give as much info. THANKS!!
kPfRLewAJVEQ0AAAAASUVORK5CYII%3D

ramz28

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
weir.jpg this is my weir. its 1" pipe down with 2 elbows to go into the sump.
return pipe.jpg this is my return also 1" pipe 2 elbow to get it to the back and up the tank and 2 elbows to get into the tank.

my pump is a mag 9.5 , any ideas to get this to work better. i have managed to get it at a stable point. but its seems kinda slow. thanks

artie1209

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
remove the elbows and use an 1 1/4 flexable hose from a pool supply shop or an old wet dry. at the top change the elbow to a tee ( in a sideways position) that will alow air to come in and increase the flow down.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: