Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Can you please tell us more about your system? It will help us...

Tank size [dimensions/gallons]
The lighting [dimensions/what kind of t5/ how many bulbs]
Weekly maintenance? [water changes, what type of salt]
& what test kits you are using?

From your question, i can tell that you are new to reefing and i would suggest you keep reading more and more. Im glad you found this site because we can definitely help you start off on the right foot.

Generally its unnecessary to Dose 2 part B-ionic with a softie/lps tank. If you are planning to do weekly water changes and use a good quality salt the weekly water changes will replace all necessary elements back to the system too sustain life for zoas,softies and most lps. You can check your parameters periodically to see if this is true for your tank. All tanks are different as all tanks have different bio-loads.

If you dont plan to keep up with water changes [which i suggest you do, 10% weekly depending on your bio-load and skimmer]

Last edited:

Clownfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have a 37 gallon tall tank.
- 30" Coralife t5 Ho 2bulbs, 10k white, and blue
- I use Instant Ocean Salt and I do 30% water changes once every 2 weeks.
- I have a ph test kit and Ammonia/Ammonium test kit.
I use a CPR bak-pak2 skimmer and a eheim 2217 filter.

Thanks for any additional info.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
If you do not have test kits for Alkalinity & Calcium, you should NOT add any of the ESV 2 part as you MUST know what your levels of these things are before adding more and possibly throwing your parameters out of whack.

How much of each did you add??

Zoas don't require any special additives to flourish, just good water parameters and decent lighting & flow.

Do you have any power-heads in the tank?

Can you possibly post a a pic of the tank? :)

Clownfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: