xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Calling all reefers would these type of tangs survive in a 55G? And yes i know a blue and yellow kole tang cant be in the same tank.

Blue Eye Kole Tang
Yellow Eye Kole Tang
Chocolate Tang
Half Black Minic Tang
Yellow Minic Tang
Spotted Yellow Eye Tang

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
a 55 is small for any tang, they will outgrow it relatively quickly. I say one is ok until it gets larger then you are going to have to find it a bigger home

CheckSix187

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Your 55g is 3 ft long unless im mistaken, So your saying your fish which grow to about 10 inches would be happy moving back and forth in 36 inches of room?

Im not bashing you at all man im just saying picture being in a room that was only 3 times as wide as your body is, yea maybe you could live but you would hate it.

I would find some other fish you like and wait for a bigger tank, it will be better for your enjoyment of your tank, your fish, and it will let you enjoy the hobby more :)

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Just wait until you have a bigger home for them and when your ready. Otherwise, it might cost you more when they have reached that stage and become stressed due to lack of room. Or even start nipping at eachothers fins and stuff. Just my thoughts..

tentacles

cephalopod enthusiast
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
Www.bluezooaquatics.com n i said they DONT get bigger then 10in the biggest is 8.5in.

Go get a tape measure and pull it out to 8.5 inches, put it up to your tank, and then think about it. I could fit a juv. tang in my nano (hell, I could fit an adult tang in there, it's more than 8 inches wide), that doesn't mean I should put one in there.

Also be wary of using sites that are trying to sell you fish to look up their tank requirements- listing a small tank size increases their target market. 55 gallons is not a suitable environment for any tang, especially the ones you listed.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: