Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
step by step:
Take u tube out of over flow, place airline tube in the u tube so the end of the airline is at the very top of the u, carefully place back in overflow not letting the airline tube shift down the tube, suck on the other end of the airline until the water comes up then once it starts flowing pull the airline tube out and there you go... placing it under water and filling it then puting it in overflow is the hard way

LatinP

Look at my bare bottom!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I do what was mentioned here above except I use a syringe.

Put the airline up about half way into the U tube and connect the other end of the airline tube to the syringe. Now pull the handle on the syringe back until it's full of air, if you still have air in the U tube (which you probably will) just pinch the tubing with your fingertips and pull the syringe out of the airline. Empty out the air inside the syringe reconnect and rinse and repeat as needed, usually takes 2-3 times depends on how big a syringe you use.

A couple of extra steps involved here but I've never had a mouth full of saltwater or had to spit up on my floor. :smoker:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Forget all these 1950's siphon starters. Get with the program and do it right. If you're not home during a brief power outage, how will your siphon start with you to suck it :rolleyes:

Get yourself a Toms Aqualifter Pump and do it the right way. Here's a :12 second video of how it works.

BTW, you're welcome :biggrin:

Russ

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jn6ZYYXpQmM&NR

Can't get much easier than that!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: