ajm99835

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just been looking around at acans, and other corals. but out of curiosity, what makes and acan ultra? or a lord? just looking for some clarification please :scratch:

Audi0s

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Theres different species in the acanthastrea family. Lords usually puff up and look like a traditional acan, echinatas are flatter not as defined, more of a lump of mashed potatos with a bunch of mouths, although they do inflate some. Theres also rotundofloras which kinda look like chalices or ehinos with large eyes.
Lords
IMG_0393.jpg

Echinatas

IMG_0326.jpg

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
From what I have read the Lords will have the whitish/gray stripes on each mouth and they are the puffier type. The Ultra is more of what people added on for the ones with brighter colors so it makes it worth more money. And then you have the acan enchinata which is what is in Audios second pic. I have the third acan he has mentioned as well and it does resemble a chalice but it is a lot thicker than a chalice. You also have micromussa's which are also in the Acan family and look like the lords but each head is much smaller than a normal acan.

ajm99835

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
thanks so much, now it makes sense... im into acans i got 11 different ones as of now, just trying to learn as much about them as possible... :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: