scunfcu

Reefer
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I plan on getting a Tahisian butterfly fish in my 75 gallon mix reef with sps,lps and softies. Primary reason is Aptaisa control. On feeding Tahisian butterfly fish, would they accept flakes or pellets. I don't plan to do the frozen food thing. Any recommend brands of pellets or food?

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Butterfly fish in general are really hard to keep and even harder to ween them onto flakes and pellets. They eat many things in the wild but dont last in tanks cause of the lack of varied diets. If you can supply live foods(blood worms, black worms, mysis and mysid shrimp, etc) it'll give you the best chance. HTH

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Butterfly fish in general are really hard to keep and even harder to ween them onto flakes and pellets. They eat many things in the wild but dont last in tanks cause of the lack of varied diets. If you can supply live foods(blood worms, black worms, mysis and mysid shrimp, etc) it'll give you the best chance. HTH

Ayyy fishman there isnt no reef safe butterfly fish rite?

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Ayyy fishman there isnt no reef safe butterfly fish rite?

There are a few considered to be reef safe. The pyramids are known as the safest be. I have a copperbanded and it did eat all of my featherdusters, but I could care less about those. I heard they also go after clams in the tank. There is a 3rd butterfly considered 100% reef safe but they also run about 400 dollars.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
There are a few considered to be reef safe. The pyramids are known as the safest be. I have a copperbanded and it did eat all of my featherdusters, but I could care less about those. I heard they also go after clams in the tank. There is a 3rd butterfly considered 100% reef safe but they also run about 400 dollars.

Pshhh i heard that 400 lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: