poormansdream

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I just purchased the cadlights 24" led light. It seems like a great light I been out the hobby for some time and decided to set up a NEW 60g marineland cube 24x24x24.
The bulbs are 1watt each and the system comes with a remote control, hanging kit, legs, and a lens for only $340 which is a steal. I plan on doing mostly zoas and softies but from what they say these lights will be ok for SPS as well.

Has anyone else purchased this light and what do you guys and gals think of it?

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_3872.jpg
    IMG_3872.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_3878.jpg
    IMG_3878.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 473
  • IMG_3882.jpg
    IMG_3882.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_3883.jpg
    IMG_3883.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Man I wanted to buy one of these so badly but have no need for another LED light as of now =D. The light actually looks really good and the price is nice.

Looking forward to seeing how it does.

nautilus

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I spoke with someone from Cadlight and they told me that for 48", Lux/Fc is 13000, which roughly equivalent to 150w HQI. Optics are 120 degrees but has individual reflectors which compresses the light back to 60 degrees. I haven't had HQI and not sure how to compare Lux to Par. So I got same question regarding efficiency of this light for SPS. Thinking about buying one too..

poormansdream

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Thanks guys, I hope I can support all my corals. I'm more then sure I can support LPS and SPS with these. I keep you guys up to date on how it goes.
They also have a light that has no remote thats like a pendant that each bulb is 3 watt and that light seems way to strong for me. It's more for deeper tanks and it has to be hung up only. I prefer using legs so I went with this one. The other one is $50-$60 more.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: