Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I have a 120g, 48 inch, 24 inch deep reef tank with canopy. The tank is 12 months old and it's time to replace all the bulbs. I currently have a Coralife Retrofit 2x150 halides, 2x96, lunar all in one fixture. Instead of just replacing all the bulbs, was thinking about putting that money towards a new similar fixture with 250 watt halides instead of the 150 watt halides, especially now that I just acquired a Rose Bubble Tip Anemone (BTA). I know I will have to ditch the canopy to do this, or at least remove the top of the canopy so it's fully open. Two questions if you will be so kind; 1) As I'm researching, I'm finding it difficult to locate a 250 watt all-in-one as many are discontinued (I found 1 or 2 sites that still have a few left). Any insight into the low availability? 2) I have placed the BTA high in the tank. If I stay with the current fixture, do I have enough light? Your thoughts are always appreciated, thanks.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I'd ditch the halide and go with a 6 or 8 bulb t5. Your going to love it 10 times better. More color combinations and cheaper in all ways. Sps lps whatever you got, it will thrive with t5 no problem

Bertdog

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
why not just up grade the MH in the unit to 250 watts , i just converted the older coral life that came with PC to T5 that i got from a MR menber , it wasn't hard to do at all . FYI i have 150 MH and my two anemone are doing fine and i even had and offspring off the bubble one.location are bottom and middle . i personally like having both T5 and MH it does change the look of the tank depending which one are on.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: