TNT280

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I need help I have a this pain in the ass clown fish, hes killing all my other fish and nibbles at all my zoas, I can't get him out hes too quick and I dont want to move stuff around is there a fish that can kill him..lol

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• killerclown.jpg
    killerclown.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 140

Ryanr1212

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 71.4%
5   2   0
dont feed the tank for a day or two. then before you feed put a net in there like 30 min before and let it sit in the tank. (so they get used to it) then when you start feeding, throw a lot on the top and when the fish goes for it just have the net underneath. if you dont want to do that you can google ways to make traps with 2 liter coke bottles. have done both and both have worked for me. the net is a little easier though

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
What type of clown is this? I cant really c the picture im on my iphone so it didnt load up. But how can your clown b nippling on your zoas? First time i hear of a clown nippling on zoas.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
ok its a clarki so it maybe grumpy, but nipping at zoa's? I would love to see video of that behavior.

to catch a clownfish, In this case a Clarki Clownfish.

Method 1 (Sneak attack) wait till late at night all lights off have your net and flashlight waiting in position( you want good flashlight.. like a mag light). grab your net and light and blast the clownfish.. where ever he sleeps with the maglight (since most clowns sleep in the same spot everytime) and scoop him up while he is still stunned by the bright lights.

(do not try this methond on A.Polymnus they are much to skittish and prone to long runs and jumps)

Method 2. Soda bottle trap - check my graffic skillz below!!

Trap-1.jpg

Good luck if you need more ways lmk.

Last edited:

bigcapct

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
You dnt even knw man,they started beatn my fish up and ate every new invert I added ,cost me triple than they were werth, only way to get em was to break down my rock and I WASNT gonna do that ,so I had to take exteme action LOL,SORRY if I offend anyone haha now I see fish swimming I havent seen aince I got em months ago that I thought were dead

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
You dnt even knw man,they started beatn my fish up and ate every new invert I added ,cost me triple than they were werth, only way to get em was to break down my rock and I WASNT gonna do that ,so I had to take exteme action LOL,SORRY if I offend anyone haha now I see fish swimming I havent seen aince I got em months ago that I thought were dead

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Damn u got them out thou?

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: