dj ze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
if you want a cool schooling fish that will actually school in the tank look at the red dot cardinalls there really small you can add a bunch of them i have 6 in my tank and i'm in the process of looking for some more there just not common in the trade

bigcapct

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
This is a rep pic from bluezooaquatics.com but look waay better
d036243a-5d2c-d750.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
It's almost impossible to identify the sex in most marine fishes. Sec. schooling fish spawn in groups so i don't see how keeping even or odd numbers is significant. Third, chromis will school but you need a 6' tank to really enjoy this act, the more chromis the merrier. Fire fishes are very pretty in a school but must be add all at once. They are jumpers you need a closed top and they often get stung by aggresive corals and anemones so take caution.
I had these Chromis for many years. My 90 gal. than an upgrade to 120 Gal. I prefer the 125 or 180 though, maybe some day.

Last edited:

Silkyslim

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
I had these Chromis for many years. My 90 gal. than an upgrade to 120 Gal. I prefer the 125 or 180 though, maybe some day...

water_world_007.jpg

p3050378.jpg

Dre that's exactly the look I'm going for but just concerned my tank can't house such a display. Maybe I can get away with a shoal of 5-6 cardinals.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Silkyslim

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Update: decided on the blue/green chromis. currently I have 5 and they are shoaling so far. I had a algae outbreak awhile back so I had my lights off for 3 days. I think that helped, they are together at all times. Thinking of adding more.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I got some Dispar Herre Anthias a month ago, they're cool and colorful too. I think i was lucky though the store had them for a while eating brine shrimp.They eat the same day except one that dropped on the floor. He started eating after 9 days.
I'll post some pics soon.

Last edited:

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
As promised i got carried away with the pics though sorry. These are truly beautiful fish. Try some of these with the Chromis but make sure you get healthy specimens that are eating well. Feed them offten and keep nitrates in check.
csc_0380.jpg

csc_0369.jpg

csc_0376.jpg

csc_0367.jpg

csc_0349.jpg

csc_0357.jpg

Last edited:

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Dre I like the color contrast. I'm going to look into them. How do they interact with chromis]

The male anthias are prettier and the chromis swim with them from time to time but chromis eat and swim faster. So feeding small amounts regularly should be taken into account to keep them fat.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: