46nBliss

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Not sure if this is the right section but here ya go.

I bought a BTA and put him in a established 4 year old nano under 150W halide. He was doing great staying in one spot and opening up feeding very vibrant in color.

I just recently upgraded to a 57 Gallon under 156W of T5, MP40 75% power for flow. cycled and params all check out. moved over coral and fish and there all thriving.

However my nem is not happy he only opens up less then half of what he did before. ive spot fed him a few times, but still hasn't got puffed up to the original size.

Its not moving around just in one spot. Do you think its the light change? flow? placement?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

bigdog1428

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.1%
59   8   0
how long did ur upgrade cycle for before u putting the livestock into it ,,,,how long has it been in new tank,,, maybe its still adjusting to new enviroment ,,,or u could of had a mini cycle and it not happy with water parameters

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
sorry but your description is all vague.

how long is recently, what are the actual parameters?

as for an mp40 in a 57 gall on 75% is that direct flow? sounds like alot is it directly on the anemone. bta's like moderate intermitten flow.

what are you nitrates? did you change the lights cycle?

bta's are pretty hardy, im guessing it is just still getting used to its new digs. its kind hard to even guess though from your post.

46nBliss

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
how long did ur upgrade cycle for before u putting the livestock into it ,,,,how long has it been in new tank,,, maybe its still adjusting to new enviroment ,,,or u could of had a mini cycle and it not happy with water parameters

So the tank was setup with live rock only for about a month then after that i waited another 2 weeks.

Like i said corals and fish are doing very well.i know nems are more picky with water. i'm thinking it might have been a mini cycle like you said, after the main cycle took place. although i never detected any ammonia or nitrites.

46nBliss

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
sorry but your description is all vague.

how long is recently, what are the actual parameters?

as for an mp40 in a 57 gall on 75% is that direct flow? sounds like alot is it directly on the anemone. bta's like moderate intermitten flow.

what are you nitrates? did you change the lights cycle?

bta's are pretty hardy, im guessing it is just still getting used to its new digs. its kind hard to even guess though from your post.

He isnt set in direct flow of the mp40, actually on the opposite side of the tank behind rock and overflow.

light cycle is the same but i went from Halide to T5.
Nitrates are undetectable along with ammonia and nitrites

ph is 8.2
salinity 1.024
temp is 77-78

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: