Help, xenia dieing!!!!

Jay6363

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have had xenia before with no problems, however I just bought two large colonies of pink pom pom and some stalks seem to be thriving and others are dieing

Water parameters:

Ammonia:0
Nitrites:0
Nitrates: 20-40
Ph: 8.4
Calcium: 550
Salinity: 1.024

Tank is the oceanic 29 gal with 150 watt MH
Water changes every week usually 5 gallons

30 ibs of live rock

Can anyone shed some light o this for me? Thank you

Jay6363

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I figured........ I can't get them down, doing 5 gal a week water change should I up it? All the other coral are doing great.......

Thanks for the input, I will work on it

Jay6363

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But I also read somewhere that xenia like a little nitrate, water to clean makes them die off? Was tha wrong?

wayne

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tank is the oceanic 29 gal with 150 watt MH
HOW MANY HOURS DO YOU LEAVE YOUR LIGHTS ON HIGH NITRATES IS MOST LIKELY THE KILLER HERE ..............

dakotakid846

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Had the same problem on a Xenia frag a few weeks ago. Parameters are the same except for the nitrates....Frag shriveled up and never opened again.

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
If it makes you feel any better I have a stalk of mine going nuts for the past week. Another stalk 1" away from it is perfectly happy and pumping. I did have a small nitrate problem a few weeks ago.

Jay6363

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it makes you feel any better I have a stalk of mine going nuts for the past week. Another stalk 1" away from it is perfectly happy and pumping. I did have a small nitrate problem a few weeks ago.
I appreciate then comment, i hope I can get it under control. Let me know how u do in the next few weeks?

Featured Sponsors