Jakef150

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
My tank- 29 biocube with cheato and filters. ( not sump)

I feed my tank every OTHER day.

My tank- Plastic back wall has (about foot top to down with approx 1/2" of hair green/brown.

I just bought more CUC yeserday.

Hope it will eat all of it but i doubt it.

parameter-

p04 - 0
nit/nit- 0
alk 8
cal 460

change water every weekend with RO/DI system.
light on 1230-9pm

thats why i m puzzled.

tips ?

Thanks!
Jake

Bryceandmandy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I had a similar issue a few months ago. I removed as much of it as i could with a toothbrush and a siphon and dosed API marine algaefix. It doesnt remove whats there but prevwnts it from growing back. That and brightwells microbacter7 to lower nitrates along with waterchanges.

tentacles

cephalopod enthusiast
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
your PO4 is probably not zero- either it's not showing on the test because the titration tests for PO4 are really ineffective, or it's being consumed by the algae. How long has your tank been set up, what is your lighting schedule and what kind of CUC did you add?

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Are you sure it is not cyano. Anyway they are both caused by the same problems. In a tank that small ( I have a 24 gallon) your best bet it to do a lot of water changes until it gets resolved. Cleanup crews only help to keep things steady. Don't expect them to resolve your problem. Change 3 gallons a day for a few days. Each day clean out some of the algae by hand. If you see real improvement then back off to every other day of water changes and keep reducing it till you get back to your weekly changes. Also figure out if you are doing anything to produce too much nutrients like overfeeding etc. Every other day doesn't mean much if when you do feed a lot gets left over. Better feed less daily.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: