Andyv2004

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Came home last night to feed the fishes and noticed that my long nose hawkfish was missing. After a few minutes of looking all over the tank i decided to look in back of the tank and there he was as stiff and dry a piece of board. The back of my canopy is wide open and i would like to but some kind of barrier. The tank ia a 90 gallon and the deminsions are 48x18x24. I thought about doing the diy screen, but it would be a pain in the butt to feed the fish. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, :fight2: thanks

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Came home last night to feed the fishes and noticed that my long nose hawkfish was missing. After a few minutes of looking all over the tank i decided to look in back of the tank and there he was as stiff and dry a piece of board. The back of my canopy is wide open and i would like to but some kind of barrier. The tank ia a 90 gallon and the deminsions are 48x18x24. I thought about doing the diy screen, but it would be a pain in the butt to feed the fish. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, :fight2: thanks

Most of the folks who have DIY screen covers feed their fish right through the cover without removing it :)

You might consider simply taking a piece of window screen and stapling it onto the opening in the back of your canopy to help keep the fish in.
Sorry for your loss.

Sorry to here. I love my hawkfish (falco). I have an open top. I guess I am lucky he is not a jumper.
James - I hate to say this but it is only a matter of when as ALL Hawks are jumpers. The first time he sees some little fly pass over the tank, he WILL jump. Please make a cover :)

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: