eshopps refugium
eshopps overflow
mag 5
led nite lights
heater
10 LBS MIRACLE MUD
filter sock
chaeto's thats growing out of control
clip on light from home depot and 75 watt compact bulb that uses very little watts... DAYLIGHT BULB....24/7

Main tank has 3 to 4 inch sand bed with live rock, corals and fish. I'M NOT USEING A SKIMMER. The company states there is no need to skimmmm. Once a week I change 5 gallons of water. OCEANIC SALT works for me. Filter sock gets cleaned around twice a week. I use filtered and DI water. I dont RO the water. RO works better but your wasting alot of water. Just filter it and run it through the DI. System was running for about a year before with HOB skimmer and now for about 3 to 4 months without a skimmer. Refugium is BOOMING with all sorts of algea and living critters. Main tank looks great. SO FAR SO GOOD , I'll post future updates and changes..
OH FYI, the mp40w is a serious power head, way over priced and over kill for what most of us need. Pure Candy for your system...

pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I'm aslo a firm beleiver of the Miracle Mud benefis to reef aquaria. Personaly love it and recommend it to all my freinds in the hobby. Polyp extencions are out of this world on every tank I have seen using the mud. As for not using a protien skimmer, that was one thing I couldn't go without in my reef.
I would aslo like to see some pics of your reef. Thanks.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
ok let me rephase this. How long has the tank been running ? is this a lps, sps dominated tank. i love to try stuff, dont see the value of it versus, using sand for a dsb, at a 1/4 the cost

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: