IamRobG

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i've had the Ich problem since early January when i went away on vacation and it wiped out all but 2 fish, my Foxface and Lawnmower blenny. I finally caught them in the middle of January and had them in a quarantine tank for just under 7 weeks and left my DT fallow and just did some water changes and stirred up the sand every week or so. I put the fish back in and no signs of ich. I bought another Rabbitfish (harlequin??) and another Angel. I put them in quarantine for 2 weeks and notice no sign of Ich, they were eating and swimming and having fun. I put them in the display tank and within 2 days everyone had ich again. The 2 new fish died within 3 days and the Foxface and Lawnmower swam around like nothing was wrong with a few spots of ich on them. I decided not to add anymore fish but this has been about 2 months. They have no ich, they're eating and swimming and growing. I picked up a damsel for a few dollars to see how it would work and same result, ich 2 days later and then dead within a week. Could my 2 fish have developed an immunity to the Ich? Its been 4 months since the first outbreak and they seem to be only ones to survive. I bought a Zebra Moray but i think my foxface stung it and he died. The corals are doing great and growing like weeds. Do i bother trying to catch them again and put them in quarantine for 12-16 weeks??

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: