Status
Not open for further replies.

tentacles

cephalopod enthusiast
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
don't drink it. Use it to water your lawn (...or plants since you're in Manhattan and probably don't have a lawn ;) ). Wash dishes in it, take a bath in it, fill up water balloons with it...definitely don't want to drink it though.

reeferguy

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but household water filters and all refrigerators with filters in the and those britta water containers have carbon filters on them. so isnt that the same as everyone else is saying it goes through sediment and carbon and then it doesn't make it into the ro/membrane so it comes out as waste. to me thats just like getting a glass of water out of my refrigerator dispenser.
The issue is its missing needed minerals the body uses. That and the TDS is significantly higher than your tap water. You can drink it but I wouldn't.

Sent from my DROIDX using Reefs

lsi

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The waste water has gone through a sediment filter which removes suspended particles, and a carbon block, which removes chlorine and volatile organic compounds(VOCs). RO membrane rejection adds back about 25% of TDS from the water that makes it through (assuming 4-to-1 rejection ratio). Unless the tap water is unsafe to drink to begin with because of heavy metals and such, the waste water should be about as safe to drink as tap.

TonyHNY

Back from a break
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Check the TDS coming out of your waste water. If it is relatively low compared to the unfiltered, then it probably wont do any harm. I use all my waste water for my freshwater fish tanks (TDS for my waste water is like 40s....)

loneracer05

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 93.6%
44   3   0
Just check tds, depending where you live our water is pretty clean to begin with and going through the sediment and carbon filters may actually produre little to no tds...my spectrapure is only putting out 1 tds out of the carbon block. So that waters pretty darn clean...

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
I think the biggest issue with everything going on here is this...........

We all filter our tap water to give our FISH, CORAL & INVERTS pure, clean, unadulterated water.......and YOU want to drink waste water? Now you tell me where the problem is :banghead:

Russ

bigbris1

Re-reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I think the biggest issue with everything going on here is this...........

We all filter our tap water to give our FISH, CORAL & INVERTS pure, clean, unadulterated water.......and YOU want to drink waste water? Now you tell me where the problem is :banghead:

Russ

Isn't the same, Russ. We drink water. Water is our tanks' atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: