strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
I use RainX. I apply it to a microfiber cloth away from the tank than wipe the tank face down with it. Let it sit for about 5 minutes and than polish it with a dry and clean MF cloth. Nice thing is it helps prevent spotting and fingerprints wipe right off.

R

reefmaniac

Rating - 100%
118   0   0
I use windex, I just spray it on the paper towel in the other room. has worked for years.

R

reefmaniac

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
You guys actually use all these poisin liquids to clean the front part of your tank? I heard all these liquids are bad to clean with.
They are bad when sprayed directly on the glass, because you risk the mist getting into the tank. And never wipe the glass up towards the top. And I have never had any ill affects with Windex, and I have been doing weekly glass cleaning this way since 1992.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
They are bad when sprayed directly on the glass, because you risk the mist getting into the tank. And never wipe the glass up towards the top. And I have never had any ill affects with Windex, and I have been doing weekly glass cleaning this way since 1992.

I agree with reefmaniac...what he just said is what i have been told bout when spraying directly in the front of the tank.

R

reefmaniac

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Use rubbing alcohol, it is safe removes salt and leaves the glass sparkling. IMO using any type of windex or spray with ammonia in it is plain nuts, it is only a matter of time before you screw up, but this is only my opinion
The only way I would screw up is if I threw the paper towel into the tank, Let's do the math, Reef tank since 92 and it is now 2011. I would say 19 years of doing it this way. Maybe when I get alhiemerz or dimentia I will screw up.

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
The way I see it, why consciously do something that could possibly harm your tank? It's hard enough to keep a reef (or any) tank. If a damp paper towel and a dry one work as good as windex, why take that chance? Sure, it's a 1 in 10,000 chance but do you really want to be the 1?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: