Rating - 100%
141   0   0
I'm thinking of changing my skimmer pump because I seen the temp in my sump reached 81. I think it's due to the mag 9.5 I have running the skimmer. My ? Is which pump should I use that don't create all then heat like the 9.5. The sump and skimmer I have is lifereef.

Thanks Ken

pwreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Yeah I have the same setup as you. I contacted Jeff at Lifereef. He said that any other pump and he does not support this setup. That is what he uses and recommends. I switched my return pump from Mag 9.5 to Tunze Silence and it seems to have dropped the temperature a few degrees, but its only been a few days. Going to experiment with the DA Reef Keeper timer to see if turning the skimmer pump off during high temp MH use will keep temperatures more steady.

Rating - 100%
141   0   0
yeah i have the same setup as you. I contacted jeff at lifereef. He said that any other pump and he does not support this setup. That is what he uses and recommends. I switched my return pump from mag 9.5 to tunze silence and it seems to have dropped the temperature a few degrees, but its only been a few days. Going to experiment with the da reef keeper timer to see if turning the skimmer pump off during high temp mh use will keep temperatures more steady.
yeah same set up even the reefkeeper also.. But i use eheim as a return pump.. SO IM TRYING NOT TO HAVE TO RUN MY CHILLER

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: