jsvokowest

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would like to go led to avoid swapping out bulbs as part of an ongoing expense, but don't want to have the dark spots you see in a lot of tanks.
The offer I got from bysen was ok but I don't want to western union or bank tranfer 4 grand. That is their only accepting payment.
That price is for 17 units using an array of 60, 90 and 120 watt units.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Frankly, I think the whole thing sounds very complicated and won't make for an enjoyable exerience in the hobby. Why not sell all of these smaller tanks and put up a larger single tank (and sump) upstairs and another one (FO) in the basement?

jsvokowest

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a 120 upstairs already that has run out of space. So, that part of the hobby has already been done. The downfall of that whole system was that when I would go to the LFS I would not be able to get what I admired because it wasn't reef safe or some other reason.

Since i don't have and empty 6 foot wall in the basement, I opted to go this route. At only a footprint of 36 x 48, with four separate tanks runningand a sump, giving me an open door to truly enjoy the beautiful creatures found in our oceans.

Case in point, I had a Long Nosed Butterfly and some beautiful electric flame scallops. Unfortunately, the Butterfly found the scallops tasty and they just wound up eaten. Now, I don't have that worry. Everything is separated by glass and I can watch an eel thrash blindly about without knocking over this coral, or have to watch a fish start chewing on a coral I really admired or worrying which tang has to go in first, etc..etc.

Finally, I invite the grammer teachers to feel free to advise me on my punctuation marks, grammatical errors, spelling etc. as I will be fowarding this post to my 5th grade teacher since, although I was asking for advice from people with successful systems, this turned into an elementary grammar class.:backtotop

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: