WiLL2c

Large Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
my yellow coris wrasse has red bump on his side. hes been acting weird the past couple of days (does NOT come out when lights are on) but when he is out he still eats normal then hides again. it started with just red coloration on his side then turned into a red bump. The red bump turned into a red bump on both sides.
want to know if any one has ever dealt with something similar to this, what is the red bump?

Rating - 98.6%
73   1   0
redspot.jpg

WiLL2c

Large Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
from the very little that i have seen, since hes hiding all day, there is some scratching going on

Domboski, what do you think the chances of survival are without the treatment?
i ask because it seems to be fading away (i could be wrong)

Last edited:

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
from the very little that i have seen, since hes hiding all day, there is some scratching going on

Domboski, what do you think the chances of survival are without the treatment?
i ask because it seems to be fading away (i could be wrong)

If it is showing on both sides, There's a very good chance it dies without treatment. Even with treatment there is still a good chance it dies. :(

WiLL2c

Large Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Bad news.......when i got home last night my fish was dead :(.
ive only had the fish for about a week maybe a little over a week. when i bought the fish did this fish already have the infection? or did it become infected after i put it in my tank?.... is there any way to tell?

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Unless you have poor water quality, chances are that bacteria was working its out before you got it :(

The sad part is if the fish was treated before signs appeared it probably would have recovered but how would anyone know without any visual or behavioral signs? I wouldn't blame the LFS for this. There is no way to know it has an infection when there are no visible signs. That's why I try and treat all of my fish as a preventative but not everyone can do that.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: