saveourship

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've read some bad reviews, so I figured to ask before I make the WC. So with no RODI filter, I bought 5 gal from Animal Kingdom on SI. Should I test for anything else besides Nitrates/ Nitrites/ Alkalinity/ PH ? Hydrometer reads 1.026.

Are there alternative places to purchase water from like the Staten Island Zoo ?

Not to knock animal kingdom, but word of mouth does count for alot.

Thanks MR crew!:thanks:

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Animal kingdom sucks..they are the only store on SI unfortunately and their livestock is junk and way over priced. The rest of their animals liek reptiles mice etc are all dead or on the way out. I walked out of that place disgusted..never went back again. I was there maybe 2-3 months ago

saveourship

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
that stuff is a rip off why not just buy a water filter? i'd rather use tap than buy that crap for like 5 bucks a gallon

it's the immediate use of cash. we just got engaged so the amount spent on a good filter, say $150- 200, has to be put off as a xmas or bday gift. if we weren't saving for a wedding, i would have the RODI filter already.

Plus, I like the idea of supporting the local vendor community.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: