alienz

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Was cleaning up some random tank supplies from over the years and the itch came back. Wondering what's the suggested filtering for a setup like this.

I have a small Tunze skimmer, and a Fluval canister.

Was thinking of running some poly filter in the canister with maybe some carbon? Not sure what the thoughts were on media was these days.

Any suggestions are most appreciated.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
No reason it can't be done :)
Most importantly WAIT for the tank to finish it's cycle before adding any livestock (and please do NOT cycle it using a fish!)

A small power-head for flow will be necessary and floss and carbon in the canister are fine, just remember to check/change it frequently. Having appropriate sized fish for the tank will help keep the water at its best as long as you don't overfeed.

What type of lighting do you plan to use and do you have a ro/di for making water?

alienz

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks for the reply :)

I'm thinking of picking up a new RO/DI system, trying to find where I ordered my last one 8 years ago haha.

As for lighting I'd love to find a MH Pendant. I used to have a 175 corralife years ago and it really made such a difference in the appearance of the tank.

I don't think retrofitting the old plastic AGA hood for a couple of T5's really would be the best idea.

Any other suggestions?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: