• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Just fished my dead sixline out of the hospital tank this morning and have decided i am not buying fish from pet stores ever again.
Does anyone out there have a sixline wrasse that needs a new home? I have a well established 80gal reef tank, (2 years old) and a lot of experience with marine fish.
Aaron

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Any luck catching one of those six lines ricordia?
I am looking for any fish from an established tank with the exception of xlarge or aggressive fish.
What have you guys got?
Aaron

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
happens to be my 6-line is the only fish i ever got from a petco. i didnt think it would survive, but at $6 it was worth trying to save him.
if i could get him out for you, i would, but i dont know that its possible to get a fish out of a reef without tearing it down.

4angel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good luck tryin to catch one of thoses six line. Those are one of the best reef swimmers I have ever kept. I love to see them duck in and out of the rock work. I will venture to say it would be almost imposible to get one out without taking some rock work out.

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I didnt even have a chance to fatten him up, i put him in the quarantine tank in the evening and he was a floater when i got up early the next morning. Prices have gone up too, petco charged me 12 bucks for my sixline.
Maybe you could use a wet/dry vac to suck him out of the rockwork?

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I was just kidding,
though when we used to collect our own fish in Australia we made a thing like a giant 3 foot syringe to suck fish out of coral heads. It was very successful and didnt seem to stress the fish out too much. Not practical for tanks though as water shoots out everywhere. :)
A

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: