aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I bought mine of Ebay from filtersdirect, for about $80, I cant remember the exact price but it seemed pretty reasonable at the time. its a 100gal/ day ro with four stage DI.

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
i have this one from Marine Depot:
CP1333.jpg

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=CP1333

not sure how high you wanted to pay, but if you want this one, i'd give it to you for $150 (with new membrane/filters just changed this month) and flush valve.
i was thinking of upgrading my unit, but only if i sold this one.
let me know...

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
That seems like a really good deal. It says it comes with a new RO membrane and carbon filters, so I guess that covers the dried up part??

I would love to order it but the parents won't go for it because I dont know who I'm ordering from. :( This would be a great though, save me a ton of money for $45.00 shipped you really can't go wrong.

I wish I had my credit card so I could get it. :(

-Kris

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
the RO membrane (which is the expensive part) is probably dried up.
also its not DI, just RO.
you dont need credit card, you could probably pay-pal also. and even with credit card, if the guy doesnt send it or whatever, you can always stop payment or dispute it (especially if you use Amex).
but i understand where you are coming from, i'm like you, i dont like buying anything from total strangers, you hear too many stories of people that get scammed. unfortunatly its hard to blindly trust random people. but at least the nice thing about MR is that at least we all know each other for the most part and can trust each other. but someone across the country, i wouldnt be able to trust.

Reef Guy

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think it would be cheaper in the long run to get a 4 stage, and 10 gpd..you would die of old age before you could even do a water change

[ May 22, 2005, 03:54 AM: Message edited by: Reef Guy ]

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
why do the Aquatic reef ones only filter down to 1 micron and not to .5 micron like the others?
i use a 1 micron sediment filter and a .5 micron carbon block. you'd be surprised how much junk is smaller than 1 micron (gets through sediment filter) and still is bigger than .5 micron (gets caught in the carbon)

Melt

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
If you order from www.aquaticreefsystems.com mention reefcentral and you get 5% or 10% discount..I have one for bout two years now and it work great..and customer service is better...

PS. I got a five stage for $200..ask them bout it..I don't think it was on they site..it was for reefcentral members..or check the board on reefcentral..and don't forget to get a TDS meter for cheap

[ May 22, 2005, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: Melt ]

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
the question is also the flow rate. some people prefer a lower flow rate that they just leave on for a full day (or two) every now and then, others perfer a higher GPD that they would only need to leave on for a few hours at a time.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
All,

Eiher way, they will tell you that filtering water longer brings better results. Example, if you filter one gallon verses 10g the 10g will have less TDS. I have used the 1 micron combo on mine and it has been 3 years and I still haven't replaced my TFC Membrane.I say go with a proven leader. Save you headaches in the future.

House

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: