• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Yeah the frogspawn, :rolleyes: well let me see, first the guy didn't ship it for about 1 week and then when he did ship it he sent it to some one else and they and sent me some zoo's. The frogspawn wasn't pack well, as niether were the zoo's, and the water leak and the frogspawn died.

So he suppose to get me another frogspawn and want me to send him back the zoo's. I asked him for the shipping money and still haven't heard back from him.

I picked up a purple tip frogspawn, from Joe's place, and it's actually has buds under the heads. Is this how frogspawn grows, I thought it would be more little candy cane coral.

PS: The Acans are greenish and some very lite in color. They're actually pretty large about the size of a quarter. I'm going to probably charge $20-$30 a polyp but it all depends on how many I can frag, the more frags the lower the price.

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Put me down too!!

That's a huge colony, you don't see that everyday. Did you find it at Petland Discount labeled as a "Pineapple Coral" or something equally stupid like that?

[ April 24, 2005, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: solbby ]

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
No I actually picked it up at of all places New World, they even gave me a discount. I have another large colony that I picked up on ebay very cheap as the guy was just starting to sell and he wanted to build up his rating, that and he wasn't being greedy and selling 2 or 3 polyps for $300.

I've got to see how to frag it as the polyps are pretty close together and I don't want to kill it. I think a dremel should do it as opossed to the hammer and screw driver that I normally use.

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Michael, I would cut a percise fracture line with the dremel, then place the blade of a flathead screwdriver into the facture line. Hit the top of the screwdriver with a hammer sharply. The break should follow the fracture line, cutting through the whole rock.

I have successfully fragged favia's this way, I actually did it in Jonathan's bathroom at the fragswap!!

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
also in my experience, Lords heal up nicely!! I had one that was totally mangled that healed up completely within a month. Try to protect the polyps mouth so that it can still take in food!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: