• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
no problem, this pill is to kill the "things" called red bugs. they live on and feed on acro's which ends up stunting their growth, polyp extention and color. its gotten so bad for me that one of the more affected acro's is slightly bleeching! the coral looks red/yellowish bec. of all the bugs on it.
Rich gave me one a little while ago and i lost it like an idiot.

[ January 29, 2005, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: maxpower2112 ]

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Hey could you take a picture of the really bad coral and post it here, if possible?. I would like to see the effects of such a large amount of red bugs on the tissue (if it is really more bugs than tissue).

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
nano, no prob.
solbby, ill try and take a pic tommorrow, dont have any on me now. i can tell you this much, my nana used to have great extension on it and it was dark purple, now practically no extension and barely purple tips, thats just one of the really affected corals.
but thats not the point how bad they are...does anyone have the pill so i can rid myself of this burden???

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Sorry for changing the subject. I totally feel your pain!!!

I have a pill to give you. Do you work in the city? maybe we can meet on Monday? I work at Cornell Medical center, 69th and York.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
zory, do you have any acro's? they dont affect monty's or anything but acros. ill post a pic tommorrow, they are tiny little yellow dots that run all over the place. take a close look tommorow, either way they arent that hard to get rid of so dont worry.
hey thanks solbby, im not sure if i can meet you there...you live in brooklyn dont you? i could come to a place near you perhaps?

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Sure, I live in Brooklyn, Carroll gardens area. You could come by my place. I should be around most of the day tomorrow. I'll PM you my address.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Originally posted by FastUno:
Any pics of these red bugs? Any links to pics on other site?

Got me worried now!
Don't worry. Everyone that I know who keeps SPS had/has red bugs at one time or another. I had them twice

The Cure

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Great to meet you and your brother. It's alway good to meet fellow reefers, and show off the tank. Good luck with the pill.

The motto of all SPS keepers:

A good red bug is a dead red bug!!! :D

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
lol, "AND show off the tank"...modest
great meeting you too, thanks for all the info and the pill!!! death to the bugs!!!, i did the dip you should see the amount of bugs dead, i didnt get them all though, maybe too small a dosage. i took a pic but it doesnt do justice of how many dead bugs.
thanks again shaun

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: