Ecastillo7

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Check my guys anemones. He hooked it up and these anemones opened up immediately in my tank. Truly a good seller!
4e9a103ca133169a8fa31d83b7fc0ed1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdevera15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
How the heck are you getting these off your rock. I've had some success but man they're foots are like melted to my rock.
Once these things find a nice spot they rarely move.

The easiest ones are if they're attached to a rock that doesn't have alot of grooves and crevices. For those I slowly and carefully pick at their feet, if I can get to it, and they slowly let go. Other times I can catch one moving, mostly because another one is blocking light from it, so they let go to move elsewhere.

For ones that have their foot more into the rock where I can only get access to part of their foot, I point a pump with a small tube and blast water at it's foot long enough for it to get annoyed and start to let go. Once it let's go a little bit, it's really easy to get it off the rock. Some take longer than others, and it takes a lot of patience to get them to let go safely and without damaging them.

For the ones that are deep in the rock, well, I haven't tried to since I don't have access to their foot. Only way is to safely break the rock to get access to their foot, but like I said, I've gotten enough off other rocks to give to people. For the ones that are really deep into the rocks I'd probably have to sell the rock with them. Those are usually the bigger ones (5-6 inches +). The ones that have a good spot and their feet deep into a rock seem to grow faster and bigger than the others.

I have rocks with all numbers and sizes on them.

A couple with 1 or 2
1 rock has 5-6 big ones on it
Another has 10 or more big ones
I even have a rock with 30+ all different sizes. (this is the one I try to get them to release from since the rock has flatter surfaces than the others)

jjfriscia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Thanks for taking the time to write that. Some ideas I have not tried shooting the water with a pump. sounds like a great idea. Someone told me recently taking a syringe with alittle peroxide and squirt it underneath the foot. Good advice thanks again ?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: