• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
I was actually very interested in this tank when Jeffrey NY was selling it a couple months ago but I couldn't figure a way to get the 36" stand down my basement steps, so I told one of my fellow Postmasters and one of them ended up buying it.
Now she has her eye on a 7" tank and would like to sell the 180g that she bought.
Tank was not set up. From what I recall when I saw the tank, little to no scratches, clean with the exception of coralline on the acrylic overflows.
AGA reef ready 180 gallon tank with dual corner overflows (looks like dursos in the overflows)
36" high stand custom covered in marbled looking formica
matching 10" canopy cap with two 4" holes drilled on the ends (no lighting in canopy)

I'm posting this for her, I'm not the seller. If you need a contact number, let me know.
She's looking for $450, local pick up in Brooklyn, NY.

tank3.jpg

tank1.jpg

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Tank age is unknown, but when I saw it, it was in very good condition. I don't think it's too old due to the curved overflow designs.
Tank dimension is a standard 180 gallon at 72"Lx24"Hx24"D, or 6'x2'x2'

The original owner told me he paid about $1300 for the tank stand & canopy.

joseney21

FDNY MEDIC
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
what kind of lumber was used to make the stand??was it made with 2x4?? any other problems besides the few small scratches you noticed when you bought the tank?? thanks,

Jose

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
The stand is not a DIY stand. I believe he had it custom made from a LFS. I'll ask the seller to see if they can tell what type of wood was used under the formica. (I'm not selling the tank, just posting)
I saw the tank when it was up and running and after it was drained and there were no problems that I noticed. Believe me when I say that I would have bought this tank in a heartbeat if I could've gotten it down my basement steps.
I've looked at a AGA 125g with a literal 2x4 open stand for $375, a 90g with a worn stand and canopy for $500.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: