• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

FastUno

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Anyone want to trade mushrooms for mushrooms. I have one mushroom from this colony (1st pic). It's about 1/2-1 inches, all depending on how expanded or contracted its.

The second pic is of a colony that I will frag (halve). I placed a quarter in the pic so you can get an idea of how big they are when fully expanded. When retracted they can get as small as a quarter. They stay large throughout the day while the lights are on & retract when the lights go off.

36291171.jpg

36290853.jpg

StephenEvans

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
is that a quarter under the mushroom?
quarters are made from copper (at least after 1965) and only plated that color. I think that might be bad for your tank...

i don't know.. but i would think so..

FastUno

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I don't think the QUARTER that is in the tank will have any affect if left for a short period of time (60s or so), besides I scrubbed it in a bucket of tank water before I put it in & tried to remove it as quickly after taking pics.

I knew that someone out there simply couldn't resist & simply HAD to make a comment, but thanks for the concern though.

Pm'd you back.

FastUno

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Yea, I actually thought about that. I constantly have outsiders over my place & all they do is STARE at the tank & ask questions such as "what is this?" & "what is that". Too bad I couldn't ask them to make a wish & toss a coin, give them 5 years of good luck. The heck with it, I am feeling generous, make it 10 years of good luck & the chance for me to fill up my tank some more.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: