• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

IconicAquariums

Iconic Aquariums
Vendor
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
This is the one that alot of people are looking for. I have one 1.5" frag. It's got a blue skeleton with red polyps. I'd like to get $50 for it, $40 if you pick it up on my side of the hudson. www.exoticreefs.us was selling frags for like $60 IIRC, and they were only 1". Also, the person growing it for them took down his tank, so i don't know where these are going to be coming from anytime soon.

joe

David

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joe,
1: the frag sounds awesome,
2: I can not find it on the link your provided
3: $40?, C'mon man, fair is fair and I hope you get it but this is a frag and we all trade for the hobby,,, not to make a profit!

[ November 19, 2003, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: David ]

IconicAquariums

Iconic Aquariums
Vendor
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
David, I'm not out to make a profit. If you want it for lower, then make an offer. I'm not unreasonable, just ask

Also, this colony wasn't cheap. I'm trying to pass it along to someone else to enjoy and propogate. I didn't make the frag on purpose, and if I had room on the reef i would keep it. I just picked up a 7" Hydnophora Microconos and need to clear some(alot) room.

They no longer have it for sale, but here is the photo I found from there.
mdanae-20030302-002.JPG

I just read 2 reviews of the size, and they were selling 1/2" frags for that price.

My colony is the blue color, but the frag is not in optimal conditions, so the skeleton is white with red polyps. It will turn blue again once in higher light and flow. Will also trade for any healthy deepwater acros. I have bad luck with shipping :(

joe

David

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joe,
Thaks for the reply,
I do understand and did not mean to disparage you... truely.
The coral looks great!
Let me tell you what I have for trade that you may be interested in,
Monti Cap, green with purple rim (large frag), green slimer frag (small but mounted and begining to branch) & if you need some macre I have Cheatomorpha.
If any of that interests you let me know what you would give me $ credit and I'll try to make up the difference.
Thanks,
David

[ November 19, 2003, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: David ]

IconicAquariums

Iconic Aquariums
Vendor
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
David, if you can pick it up i'll give it to you for $30 and a Slimer. Small is fine, as it will grow.

Just note, that is not my picture, and my colony is growing into a pillar.

joe

David

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joe,
Thanks for the fast reply.
The Monti Danae looks great and I'd love to have a frag! But I think I will have to pass. The white skeleton makes me nervous. Mostly not sure about the recovery of the one you have.
But if it perks up please let me know, email me at [email protected] if you like.
Thanks,
David

IconicAquariums

Iconic Aquariums
Vendor
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Frag is Sold.

Steve, if you like brown corals, then yes
Get some halides. You should see some of the new zoos I got...they're sick.

Jackson, that pic isn't mine.

joe

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
176   0   0
LOL, didn't even realize that was you Joe! I will be expecting some of those sick zoos!

I'm getting a new camera soon, need some pics?

Seriously, i got to upgrade my lighting, that danae is freaking awesome. Are you sure it turn brown? I think you should frag me a small piece so i can conduct a test........

M

Meisen

Rating - 100%
176   0   0
Wow that really is an awesome one. Too bad it isn't growing fast!!!! Ken, put me on your list for if/when you are ready to break it up. BTW the stuff you and I traded last summer is rampaging in my tank. That red acro grows like xenia. I have fragged it 3X already and it is still like 5" X 7"!!!! I think I maybe started with 2" piece.

M

Meisen

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it was....I thought you were being optimistic! Anyway, let me know when you want to trade again, I have a few things other than snails this time! Apologies to Joe, though this thread seems to be done.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: