• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

P

Pedro

Just looking to see what the 250watt 20k radium would look like using the hqi ballast. The bulb is too expensive to buy, although i can return it. But i was just seeing if anyone had one that they were throwing out, that they could lend me, or sell for cheap. I'm not looking to use the bulb permanently. I just want to see the color. If i like it i would buy new ones. That's why i don't care how old they are. It's for comparison purposes. So if someone has one, please let me know.

Thanks.

glipper69

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have 1 radium 20K that I just took off my tank because I switched to 10k's it about 4-5 months old about 8 hours a day, still plenty of life left on it. I will sell it to ya for $40

I am in Dumont NJ

Let me know
Frank

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Pedro, I believe I told you my opinon on the 250w Radiums :D Don't waste your money. Do you not like the AC's annymore?

here is a pic when I first started my tank. The lighting is 2x250w radiums on a PFO HQI ballast
very dim..
tank_1.jpg

P

Pedro

Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Yesterday i put one side of the tank on a standard ballast and the other on the hqi. On the standard ballast the ac's have a nice bluish cast. With the hqi they are intense but not as blue. That's why i wanted to try one of the radiums. They have to be at least brighter than the ac's on the standard ballast.

Rich, i'm going to send you a pic of the comparison, let me know what you think.

I love my ac's. This is just one of those curious things.

Frank, i'll keep you in mind. Thanks for the offer.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: