• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Im ordering some supplies to build a calcium reactor. some of the tubing only comes in lengths longer then i need for 1 reactor so if anyone wanted one id order enough of everythign to make a few.

For a complete reactor with pump Everything comes out to $175 -$200

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Its going to be a cross between the picture of the reactor in my gallery and this one.

Itll look like the one in my galley except have a PVC union on top for easier access then flanges. and will be the size and be made for the media in this reactor here.

I can make them as tall as you want and if you want a dual chamber i can do that too but obviously its gonna cost a little more.

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SCH-JET1&Category_Code=creactor

These reactors have gotten amoazing reviews and use a large coarse media avaialble form aquatic eco systems. You can also use the standard ARM media if you want.

I was going to make them with a chamber of 18" if you need something other then that let me know. The chamber diamter will be 3.5" like the schuran.

If you guys need the other stuff to go along with it im ordering all that too. pH controller/monitor co2 tank regulator, media etc

jdepp

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey whats up i may be getting one please give me a price for the reactor and co2 stuff i am getting my own controller unless you can get it for less then 120$ by the way my skimmer project was a total failure have you done any tanks?

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
jdepp, Give me a list of exactly what you want. 2.5, 5, 10 pound co2 tank. ph controller or monitor, which regulator you want, which media and how much.

Sorry to hear the skimmer didnt work out, they usually dont the first couple of times. Yes ive done a few tanks, sumps, a ton of skimmers, and calcium reactors. If you need any help or advise lemme know. Send me an email ill probably get back to you much quicker then on here. [email protected]

There are some pictures of a skimmer i built a while ago in my gallery if you wanna take a look

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok guys im runnign through my final list of stuff i need to order and ill be placing it tongiht so i get everything on tuesday and wed.

There were 2 or 3 of you interested but i never heard a definate one way or the other. Please get back to me.

Thanks
Dan

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Wedfr,
Would you ever do the same thing for skimmers in the future? Would be interested; something to handle a 100-300 gallon tank.

Could you make an external skimmer that wouldn't need to be situated in the sump? i.e sits in the stand with drainage back to the sump.
Thanks!

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Solbby i was going to do thesame thing for skimmers within a week.

I was going to do EuroReef copies, the external style with the recirculating Pump. Let me know if you want one and which size.

[ September 27, 2004, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: wedfr ]

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Wedfr,
I would be interested in the EuroReef CS8-2 External Skimmer clone. The height would have to be under 24 inches, since that is all the room available under my stand.

How much would you estimate for the cost?
Thanks.

BTW. It's very cool that you are doing this. If I didn't have a Ca reactor already I would have jumped on your offer.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: