• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

T

The Great Rupert AKA AM

I hate to jinx anything, but I nevwr expected the bulk deal we are working on to do so well. i've been thinking of future deals and was wondering what others were thinking as well. here are my thoughts.
</font>
  • We will try to order from smaller companies like thelogicalreef, spsfrags, clams direct, Dave ESPI (and others I don't know or can't remember) so we can be able to work out a deal better. A 500 dollar deal would mean more to them than a large company like flying fish.</font>
  • While it doesn't have to be manditory I personaly prefer that we deal only with companies selling mostly if not all tank raised/aquaculured live-stock. I think providing financal insentives for buying these more ethical choices is a good idea. It's like a tax break for people with fuel efficaint cars, only other tax-payers don't have to foot the bill.</font>
  • we could have a new bulk deal every three months</font>
  • while every deal would be different the merchant would have to give free shipping and a small donation to the site somthing like 25 dollars.</font>
  • another idea for donations is that they would donate a percentage of sales 5-10%, and members might be incuraged (but not required) To give a matching donation.</font>
  • at the end of the year otr some other arbitrary time if donations exceeded costs of running the site thanb the left over money could be put into a raffle for the next deal and members would get one entry for every dollar they spent on bulk deals. this makes sence. if somone spent 400 dollars they should get ten times the chance as somone spending 40 over the coarse of a year.</font>
  • My parents are movuing to a snmaller house before the summer. it's in a development right next to the croton harmon train station. there is a meeting house that can be reserved fo r parties. If they say it's cool we can use it. it really is ideal because it's right off 9 and 9a for drivers and it's an extremly short walk from the train station. you could even come by boat as the development is on the hudson (I can't beleive it my parents kick me out and get water front property and satelite TV, typical). I know this is kinda inconvienient for some people in the city, this is why somone will bring back the corals and bring it to a better place in the city. we could all chip in for food have a little shindig BYOB.</font>
  • Of coarse there will be frag trading.</font>
  • also since it is local I can get my kindergarden reef club involved (I'm going to start a thread about it eventually)
    </font>

[ January 13, 2003, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: The Great Rupert ]

T

The Great Rupert AKA AM

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay more ideas...

Suggested donation of half of discounts. you save 20 bucks you shjould donate 10. if this some how makes the people running this site rich I say we give back the all surplus donations in a big year-end frag raffle.

also jasonE was recommened and so was monaghan at spsfrags.com he even already agreed to a 10 percent discount.

Trana

Administrator
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be very nice if people gave a portion of their savings back to this website. It isn't mandatory, do it if you appreciate what we do, and if you can afford it.

Yes, Monaghan has agreed to give our users a 10% discount for his frag shipments. I have been told that larger shipments may receive an even greater discount.

JasonE is a local seller for anyone that wants fresh cut SPS frags. You can send him a private message on this board or on Reefcentral to get information on his frag packs.

-T

T

The Great Rupert AKA AM

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally posted by Trana:
It would be very nice if people gave a portion of their savings back to this website. It isn't mandatory, do it if you appreciate what we do, and if you can afford it.
absolutly. no donation should ever be required. but if people participate in the way that it seems will happen the site could be completly supported by these deals.

[ January 16, 2003, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: The Great Rupert ]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: