• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

mgchan

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I picked up few bucketfuls of Marsh/Periwinkle Snails (I think that's what they're called) this weekend over at my sister-in-law's place Aqueboque (Suffolk County, Long Island).

They're small, approximately 3/8" - 1/4" long and don't grow large. They're especially great for small tanks and refugiums.

Earlier this year I'd picked up bunch and tossed them into my tank. They may not be as fancy as the other snails, but they get the job done. Plus they don't knock down your frags. Best of all, they're from the local waters and free!

I have 300 snails available and will give them away in batches of 25 or more/less if you want. They're acclimated in my tank.

I'm near Seventh Ave/Broadway and 56th/57th Streets.

snails.jpg

snails_closeup.jpg

snails_2.jpg

[ October 11, 2004, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: mgchan ]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grab tons of stuff from my back yard out east (Remsenburg). Crabs, macro, clams and fish. WE have traps in the water to hold live bait and we always get odd after labor day (butterflies and other tropicals). Started putting some of them into the big office tank and now I have local waters tank. One rapidly growing sea bass and a bunch of rock wrasses.

Never thought to grab the periwinkles. Now I'm going to be dipping into the waters again.

[ October 11, 2004, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: Crakeur lost his password ]

triggerboy

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike,

I'd be interested in a batch if you have enough... 15-20 would be more than enough. I work at 21st and 5th.. but go home via Grand Central... so I could easily stop by and pick them up after work if that's possible. let me know, thanks.

J.

mgchan

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
triggerboy > How about 20? I usually leave around 4:20 - 4:30, so if we could meet around then. Also, if you want, lunchtime is a good time to pick them up. You could take the R train from 23rd & 5th to 57th & Seventh. E-mail me at [email protected] and let me know when you want me to bring them in.

mgchan

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Snails to the front of me...
Snails to the left of me...
Snails to the right of me...

snails1.jpg

snails2.jpg

There's been such a great response for them here, next time I'm going in with heavy machinery and dredge those suckers!

triggerboy

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike,

It was nice meeting you, and the snails are doing great... went right to work once I got them out of the bag. Thanks agian.

J.

[ October 14, 2004, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: triggerboy ]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: