• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

P

PercuLa Pimp

Wassup homies :D im new to the site but it seems like a dope comm. im a starting reefer and am planning on starting a small reef or maybe a Nano. So if u have a small reef tank and ur willing to sell at a reasonable price lemme kno..also info on small reefs and equipment would be appreciated
thumb.gif

C

Crakeur2

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
while this site has plenty of information and the members are very helpful, I think for nanos, you should head over to nano-reef.com.

there is no better source of information with regards to the smaller reef tanks.

welcome to the hobby.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Crakeur2 ,

While this is true, many here maintain nano's and are memebers on that site as well. I believe there are a few members here that have successful established Nanos and could be a wealth of information - Just pitching the site and the people here - chime in Nano-reefers, Toe, I know you're out there!

:)

C

Crakeur2

Rating - 100%
310   0   0
house, I wasn't saying that there wasn't info here to be had, just pointing him in a direction that has info galore on his tank size. There are articles and essays over at nanoreef that discuss all aspects of the tanks while the info here is a mix of small and large.

I did point out that the members here are very helpful (should have also added much nicer than the nano-reef animals, of which I am one) and there is plenty of info here as well.

P

PercuLa Pimp

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Good looX ya'll, thank u for the info and heading me in the right way...the website u gave me crakeur was godsent
approve.gif
'preciate that. toeknee, im not sure yet, prob. not MH thou..hell yea i want fish...what tank size would you recommend to hav about 4-5 fish, ill put in inverts as well..anyone hav the schematics for a dope skimmer for such a nano?

Toe'Knee

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm here House ;) Well Pimp, I have a 2.5 nano I've had setup for about a month now, I'm running a 36in JBJ PC 50/50 (thank you House) I'm running a fluval 1 with floss. I have a few frags, some leathers, polyps, ect. also one pepperment shrimp. If you want 4-5 fish I would go with a 10 or larger, just becareful of what fish you put in. I just got my new lighting from hellolights today. two 13W 50/50 Act03/10,000k thats for my 2.5 and for the 7 bow, one 19" retro 2/36w with 2/36w 16" 50/50. I'll have some new pics in the pic. forum today, check them out if you get a chance.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Crakeur2 ,

yep, got it and thanks - wasnm't trying to be critical, just wanted the person to know that there are people here that have nano's as well - Toe, word up on the lights - anytime you need u let me know - I got you covered.

Will be posting some new pics of the new hood for the 93 corner, wait til you see this bad boy - sweet!

Later on

House

C

Crakeur2

Rating - 100%
310   0   0
house, I know where you were coming from and I never intended to imply that the collective reef intellect on these boards was in any way inferior to that over at nano-reef. Ok, so some of y'all are inferior (not naming names).

ok, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: