• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

lamaseta17

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
i want to make room in my tank and this green carpet anemone is big it might take me a while to take him out so give me a day before pick up.
$25 takes him. If you need a host i will give my CLARII clownfish for 15 extra if i can catch him in my trap.
will trade for any wrasse or anthia

Attachments

• IMG_0159.jpg
    IMG_0159.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Dig

Dig around the sides and use a credit card or something lamenated like the size of a credit card.

Its going to shrink up and pull inside the sand so be careful and try not to disturb it too much when you dig.

C

Chiefmcfuz

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Put a piece of ice at it's foot and hold it there, or direct a powerhead at it to irritate it.

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Be careful

Pointing the power head at your sand is only gonna force it to withdraw into the sand and make a mess

Gently dig around it moving the sand away and then slide the credit card against the edge of the foot to break the suction then you should be able to use your finger.

carpediem212

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
i had one these giant anemone at 15"+ and basically used a plastic scrapper and pushed at the edge of the feet and eventually it gave and up he came. I also had those long whole arm gloves just to be cautious those little green sticky polyps will stick to the gloves.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: