AWD

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I justed posted this last night as a Reply I meant to post it as a new topic.

Someone just cut some softies for me. I have been dripping my tank water in for about an hour now and I have to leave. I am going to put them in the tank in a jar. I measured his salinity, 1.024, and mine is 1.021. That is one concern the other is they had PC bulbs ? watts.

I have metal halides. should I place them far away from the halides or adjust the times of the halides? Right now they run 8hrs and there are shady spots in my tank.

ReefLion

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drip for 4-8 hours to acclimate, usually with tank lights off but room lights on.

Start in a shady area and gradually move to the selected spot over the course of several weeks.

Tim

IcantTHINKofONE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I've heard at a BAS conference (don't remember the speaker's name) corals should not be moved vertically. They should be placed where they will stay. The coral is more stressed by the current change in position over these couple weeks than if you just put it where you want it. I just try to add them at night when just my actinics are on or no lights at all. The next morning, I let the timers do their thing. Then again, I am a newbie and only have 2 softies: green striped mushroom and some xenia.

Chucker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IcantTHINKofONE":3ba8ols2 said:
From what I've heard at a BAS conference (don't remember the speaker's name) corals should not be moved vertically. They should be placed where they will stay. The coral is more stressed by the current change in position over these couple weeks than if you just put it where you want it.

That sounds awful anecdotal... Do you remember if they had any data to back it up?

IcantTHINKofONE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't really paying attention. I was just there for the free donuts and coffee before the auction. But one thing I remember was that he said it's best to place corals where they will stay, vertically at least.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: