Attachments

• DSC09117edited.jpg
    DSC09117edited.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 417

Masgatigata

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
This seems like very fast growth. Can you tell us some info about your system?

I have a 55 gallon, sps dominated system. Try to keep my parameters as stable as possible. My alk is at 9, ca at 460, mag is high at 1600. I don't dose mag, so I'm thinking that the salt I was using was the cause. I've just changed the brand and it's been coming down.

I've recently been having trouble with some of my coral. I think I shocked the inhabitants by messing too much with the photoperiod. My dragon started to bleach and I just cut it up to save what looked like rtn. I do weekly 8 gallon water changes and also run carbon. I run gfo only sometimes to keep phosphates in check.

Masgatigata

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Very nice LED success you have there. Which optic are you using?

Thank you so much. I'm really happy with growth but I feel the overall color of some sps good be better. I lowered the intensity and photoperiod recently to see if it changes things up a bit. It's funny though, even though my sps could be better in my opinion my acans are looking great. I bought a red acan some time ago during a live sale and it's now morphed from solid red to red, purple, yellow and green.

I'm using the 90 degree optics with the standard led layout reef breeders provides.

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Got a new Frag im starting, Experimenting on how small of a Frag i can make and grow out. So far its 4 Coralites if thats how you spell it. Witch is this little booger, Ive done it to joe the coral before but it was like 6polyps on that one and aboue 1/2" bit

this Frag is less them 1/4" of a inch. so we will see how long it takes, Its been on this little Rubble for 2 Days now. Picture taken today.

Attachments

• DSC09584edited.jpg
    DSC09584edited.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 441

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Also i want to keep Track of this Millie, this is whats rest of the momma due to a Alk Swing i believe. GOnna Have to grow back out to the 3" it was :/ Its 1" right now. im sure within 2 months should be doing Nice and starting back up. but its another on my list. It was a Yellow Millie Held its color for a long time, But shifted, it is not under T5s in the 30G 24" 8Bulb ATI fixture as well as the once above stated.

Attachments

• DSC09612.jpg
    DSC09612.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 454

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
first Pic 3/7/14

Second Picture taken Today 3/27/14

I think thats pretty good Growth.

Attachments

• DSC09189edited.jpg
    DSC09189edited.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 430
  • DSC09595edited.jpg
    DSC09595edited.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 358

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: