• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Anyone have these sps let off a single polyp and grow into a colony? My green pocilipora let off one and it landed on my over flow 5 months ago and is now a little miny colony :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 276

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
yup Pocci are notorious for spawing..all of mine do it certain times of the year...I find all species pocci,(except pinks) to be a great filler in coral because of their hardiness..meaning they will grow in areas of the rockwork where other corals don't do well because of lighting or flow.

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
yes they come in a few different color and polyp patterns some being more fuzzier than others...I find that the pink are the most demanding needing higher light to keep pink while the others literally can gow anywhere under different lighting and water flow as long as the water quality is good...their scientific name is Pocillopora Damicornis..do a search.

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
yup Pocci are notorious for spawing..all of mine do it certain times of the year...I find all species pocci,(except pinks) to be a great filler in coral because of their hardiness..meaning they will grow in areas of the rockwork where other corals don't do well because of lighting or flow.

plus 1
love it but hate it since they all over the place
why could not be a red Dragen

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: