Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Hi All,

Still learning the nuances of SPS care and noticed one of my acros begin to spread like mad across a rock face and start attacking another acro of mine. Moved the victim ok, but I was wondering, is there a way to safely stop or slow the spread of a particular acro (encrusting over rock face) so it does not take over the entire rock? Its about a foot wide rock and this thing is taking up a good 3/5's of it. I'd like to add other SPS to it, since it is such a feature piece to the modest 65 gal tank.

And by halting, I'm thinking some kind of "dam" to block its access further across, something it can't grow on but is not toxic to the health of the tank...

If anyone can enlighten me, I'd be one appreciative reefer.

Last edited:

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
SW,

The "foot" the table is putting down typically means its going to grow larger (it needs the foot to support the weight).

To answer you question, you can use coral putty (Two Little Fishes sells this) and put that on he area you want to stop and it will kll that part. It will also grow over the putty eventually giving you a frag to sell when you break the puty off.

FWIW

house

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: