reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Just noticed a problem with 2 of my acros todat. Seems like tgere is a white string mat on a small part of 2 acros. Best way i can describe it is that it looks like frayed nylon string just blowing in the current. About 1/4 inch in length. They are bot located on the sode of the acro closest to the side the current is coming from. Any thoughts? I doubt its too much flow, but who knows.

MACH5

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
I have had that as well. In my experience it usually appears as a feeding response or perhaps irritation of some sort but I would not worry too much about it. It usually disappears within a short period of time. Acros go back to normal as if nothing had happened. Almost certain it is not a case of too much flow. In that case, the skin gets peeled off exposing the skeleton and within a short period of time you'll start to see brown algae on the affected areas. But this will only happen in extreme cases where you place a colony right in front of a powerful powerhead or similar. Keep an eye on it though just in case.

If you can, please post pics.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: